Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Visit


....to the vet went without a hitch. Dr L said he is about 8 weeks old and is in very good health - clear eyes and clean ears and not a fur mite in sight. He is just under 1 pound and can gain a lot more weight. The doc also said that I could also give him dry food and he had some today with very good results.
He got his first vaccination and didn't even have a fever from it unlike the rest of the amigos! He was frisking about and jumping immediately when he got home from ARC and rested for some time in his litter. The litter has become his favourite resting place and so I am very careful about making sure that it is very clean. But he knows that we would make sure to wipe him and he has tried several times to escape from being cleaned in such a disrespectful way :) He also got some deworming syrup. "His stools might be a little soft," I was warned but no. It was just like before. So I guess he really is a very healthy little thing.
The vet told me I should send a picture that they can paste on their noticeboard so they can help me find him a home. "He is sooooo cute...!" she coooed repeatedly. So I guess his good looks would help in his adoption ...whenever that may be. The doc also said he has large paws and this is true. I noticed this very particular feature and I had actually counted his toes to see whether he has 6 but he has the usual numbers. It seems this is an indication that he would grow into a big cat, like Bujang I guess.
One thing that disturbed us all was that the doc said someone had cut his whiskers. WOAH! I didn't notice as his whiskers are so tiny and faint!. Not only abandoned but abused as well. Poor thing!
Tonight grandma tried on a new name - "Tanaka," she said. This was because she just found out today that Ginger means "Halia' in Malay. How can we name the cat after a root used in cooking?! Hahaha.

4 comments:

  1. Ginger is adorable. I'm sure he'll find a good home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Kitten is always so cute.

    Usually grown up cat can accept kitten pretty quickly and being kitten, they are usually fearless towards them. Hissings and paw-ings are inevitable as long as you dont see claws.

    All the best Ginger... though it's quite nice to see bright colour among San's collection. [hint, hint] hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Grandma is so cute!! She seems to like that name Tanaka. I remember when you were thinking of adopting another persian, that was the name she suggested too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah. She seems to be quite taken with the name. Tanaka means Dweller so the name must have dweeled in her imagination somewhere :) Grandma also likes Japanese movies like Oshin and Akira Kurosawa's The 7 samurai and Yojimbo :)

    ReplyDelete