Thursday, December 13, 2007

New lessons with san and Toro

Rocket Tanaka on a 1-minute break...

The first minute in the harness...eeee..ha...

Get this off meeeee....!!


Toro showing Tanaka the way to harness walking...



More one-to-one lessons...




Tanaka getting the hang of this new skill...




Tanaka showing off his harness...


It was one of those few rare sunny days in December. I thought Toro would enjoy being out in the corridor after all that rain. Then I had a brainwave. Why not get Tanaka out too? He is now big enough to get into a harness and he is ONLY 3 months! Bujang was 5 months before he was big enough to get into a harness.
I got one of the old 8-harnesses that I still had and got Tanaka in it. He struggled a bit and jumped about like a rabbit. Then he saw Toro walking about calmly smelling the plants and generally hanging out. He watched Toro for a bit and decided that he too can do the cool walking bit....and he did :)
He spent about 15 minutes outside before the harness bothered him and so I took it off him and put him back in his cage. All in all I think Tanaka did very well. He had big bruffers to show him the way...which is always useful. That was how he learnt to drink from the CAT-IT, to use the big litter bins and to climb onto the cat gym. The rest of it he did himself.
Well Done Rocket!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! San!! You have a bronco in your house!!!!!

    It is funny when they first wear collars or harnesses, it is like their whole body itch!!!

    Tanaka is a clever boy, he learns very quickly and adjusted very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I know where you got Tanaka's body harness? I hope to find a suitable one for Coco, who wants to go out of our gate to smell the outside (she'd dashed out and rolled on the floor before). No local pet shops seem to carry the walking jacket seen on Toro.

    I used to put the harness on my ex-foster cats, and they would freeze in motion, so stunned and dunno what to do! And sometimes they would struggle and managed to free themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanaka's harness I got from Pet Lovers at Tampines. But I realise that if you have a big cat, like Bujang, the harness does not stay put nicely. Bujang has figured out that he can slip off the 8-figure harness quite easily by pulling his head out.

    So I got them the walking jackets.
    The walking jacket on Toro I got online at http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm
    They are very efficent and your stuff gets in in about 3 weeks. It's very useful and durable. :)

    Maybe if you would let me, I can send you one of my other harneses, the one with the velcro. I got this at http://www.joykatz.net/walkingjackets.htm
    It has got tiger stripes and Toro does not use it anymore. No on else can use it really. How?

    ReplyDelete