Sunday, January 20, 2008

Visit To the V_E_T

Thank goodness it was over...fast...



Ms Akira had to go to the vet yesterday for a follow-up. This time we saw Dr L and Ms Akira was not as stressed out as before. I told the vet that she had vomitted 3 times since the last time we saw the vet. Dr L said that I should not be overly worried as cats do have the tendency to vomit as they sometimes eat all manner of things that they pick up. She said I only have to worry if Ms Akira vomits continually, or she vomits twice or three times in a day, everyday. If that is the case, then Ms Akira would have to get a blood test as something might be seriously wrong with her system. As the case stands now, she seems ok although she gave me the gastric pills just in case. Ms Akira weighed in at 3.99 kg. She used to be about 5 kg. I asked Dr L if that was okay and she said it was perfectly ok for a kitty. It seems a good weight should be about 4 kg for an adult kitty.




What do you mean I have to go again? I don't think so...





The Rocket went to the vet to get his last kitten vac. I told the front desk that his name was Tanaka now instead of Ginger as I have adopted him. We also took down his pic from the vet's adoption board. A woman who was there with her sick hamster said that he had a very glamorous name and so I explained about grandma's liking for the celebrity chef Jun Tanaka. The people at the vet's found the story amusing. I wonder what they would have said if they knew his real name was Rocket Tanaka :)
He weighed in at a solid 2.6 kg from 1.6 kg the last time. Dr L told him he was a very good kitty and indeed he behaved very well indeed. The doc cooed at him "Wah last time I saw you , you were very small and now so big!" :) She examined his teeth, his eyes and ears and nodded approving at his errr...genitals. She said, "Two. Very good." Then she spoke about castration. I found that very funny but Tanaka just wanted to go home. Then he suddenly drooled. The vet said that was a sign of stress and so we bundled him quickly into his carrier and he promptly hugged his bear and kept quiet.



He had a slight fever that night and so I put him on my bed to rest. At night I gave him 1/2 a bottle of Gerber's chicken and Bujang had the rest. Then he fell asleep on the bed and so I left him to sleep with the boys. The boys did not protest although Bujang slept in his little caccoon the whole night. But at least there was no growling and biting. If Bujang was displeased with Tanaka, he would have shown it by hitting him or even nipping at him. He does this to Toro sometimes when Toro sleeps on his blanket. But Tanaka went unscathed :)

3 comments:

  1. Miss Akira, get well soon.....she is so sensitive and flighty....like a true Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Gerber the baby food brand? :)

    Glamourous Rocket Tanaka...haha! It reminds me..there is a sweetie boy cat at metta cattery called Rodene Sylvester, don't play play, ok? ;)

    I was quite amused with such a grand name. *imagines Sylvester Stallone*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup Gerber is the baby food brand. Whenever the amigos get vaccinated, they invariably get a fever and would only eat this.:)

    ReplyDelete