Saturday, February 09, 2008

Cat Meds


Therapeutic Botanical Cream







I got these 2 meds for Cal this afternoon. I thought I should get a cleansing lotion as well as a cream. I was looking through all the tubes of creams and saw one with wintergreen in it. It quite shocked me as I thought wintergreen was harmful to cats! However someone working at PL was helping me with my choices and as she was also a caregiver for community cats, she recommended this cream. She didn't blink with confusion when I said 'community cats' so I guess she would be a caregiver. Sometimes pet store assistants or vets would call them stray cats. I understand why vets would call them stray cats of course. Anyway, she said it usually takes about 3 days max for their wounds to get better and then the scabs would form and dry off.
A plus is its a) biodegradable b) hypo allegenic c) safe for the environment d) contains natural organic and botanical ingredients (I dunno what exactly though)
However, I was surprised at the long list of illnesses/afflictions/conditions that this cream purports to help remedy.
Skin Problems
1. Psoriasis
2. Eczema
3. Saborrhea
4. Flea Allergy Dermatitis
5. Cradle Cap (?)
6. Hair Loss (Ahah! Megat!)
7. Redness (?)
8. Dandruff and Hot Spots (what are hot spots?)
9. Provides relief from itching, scratching and biting (biting for Cal or biting as in Megat's biting? Oh well, maybe I will use it for Megat only)
Its ingredients include Botanical Trees and Plant Extract (dunno which one), Avocado oil, Pumpkin oil, Camomile, Nestle Extract (??), Multi-Vitamin Complex, Dehydag E (?), Dehydag O (?).
I think I will try it on Megat for hair loss too.

6 comments:

  1. looks like the cream treats almost all skin-related diseases.. hot spots? spots that are hot and itchy lor..

    hehe..

    happy new year san and gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister bought a bottle of antibodies powder from the vet earlier. It is quite effective in drying out wet wound. Two of my community cats had real bad wounds but after i applied the powder on them for 5 to 7 days, the wound is nicely dry. I think a bottle cost less than $10 but it can only be bought from vet clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear jennifer
    Would you know what it's called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe is Fast, BNP or Baneocin. Powder is indeed better for wet wounds, and you can do it from a distance, so the community cats will not run away when being touched.

    Let us know if the cream works on Megat.....it is works we can sell it to humans!! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:45 AM

    I would recommend Nova skin and Coat Treatment and follow by DD Powder from vet J.Tan. If wound is wet, cat aunty is correct powder form is more effective. Depends on the situation, sometime I use individual product on it's own and once I treat a very nasty infected wound with both Nova (spray form) first then DD powder. Was very pleased with the result. When Nova moist the wound, the powder sticks better and I make sure the powder stick unto the wound. Of course that is if you could touch the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear maovellous

    excatly right if I can touch the kitty :) I can't even make a false move or she is off and that will be that. Her wounds are now ok. We scrutinised it (as much as we could) from a distance and as they were perfectly round, we didn't think that Big Casanova had done it. More important Big casanova and Cal have been seen sitting peacefully waiting for dinner, although from a distance. Her wounds are dry and clean. I think if she does not sit under cars or near exhausts, it would be better but what to do? She likes it there.

    ReplyDelete