Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Siamese orphan kitty

Siamese kitty looking at the fuzzy camera...

Its very small still...
This is a kitty that the cleaners had 'rescued' from work. I was quite miffed when one of them called me about the kitten as I do not see any reason why they should take the kitten from the drain. I told them that it was probably the mother cat (Bujang's mother is the suspect) had hidden the kitten here so that she could find something to eat or in the process of removing her kittens to another safe house! But we could not put the kitten back as it was very hungry and we didn't know where the mother was or of she would come back for her kitten since almost every cleaner had handled it. I told them that on no account should they remove any kitten they found unless it was in real danger. I told them since none of them could bring the kitten home to take care of it and since they had taken it away from the mother, the kitten would surely die so no one was winning this battle, and the victim would be the little kitten.
Since I already have Tanaka, there was no way I could bring it home. It was quite fortunate that one of my friend's brother had told me that if the mother cat gives birth to siamese (there were rumours that there were Siamese kittens in the school) then he would not mind taking care of it. But it transpired that the brother was not in singapore and she could not take the kitten home for the weekend. It was also the kitten's good fortune that we had someone else who was willing to foster it for the weekend. I think Fortne was smiling at the little kitten.
So now the kitten is safely in the foster's house but she did not know how to introduce her cat to the kitten. Her cat was very jealous and kept trying to hurt the little thing. However, she has since fallen in love with the kitten and was willing to adopt it for real. So this afternoon I had to give her some advice on what she could do to ease the little kitten into the family. I hope all will be well as the family loves the kitten very much and has bought it toys to play with already. I hope this would be the furrever home for Bujang's little sibling :)
UPDATE
The siamese kitten now has a furrever home with my friend and her brother. This is very good news as I know it would be looked after very well with vet care as well as good food. It would also have a good quality life as they have a little garden that the kitten can play in once it is big enough. They have another cat MooMoo, Bujang's younger brother and who looks just like Bujang. MooMoo is a cat that is more territorial and much more dominant. However I am confident that with the proper introductions they can tolerate each other. It is also quite satisfying as MooMoo and the little siamese kitty has the same mother.
I am at present trying to ask the guards if they know ehere the siamese mother hangs out and at what time she would be given food by the neighbours. Once I get the info, it should be easy to call V to catch the pair for sterilisation.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Bujang's little siamese sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute kitty!!! I am so glad it has found a furrever home so quickly....and with its blood brother too!!

    I almost forgot that Bujang has Siamese blood in him.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear cat _aunty
    Its because Bujang looks so unlike a siamese. He looks like a giant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear S
    Sorry I can't put your comment here as errr...got identity crisis :) I hope you would be able to see kecik. I heard he knows his name already :)

    ReplyDelete