Wednesday, March 19, 2008

After the vet

No..I do NOT like that...



Good News:


I brought Bujang to the vet's yesterday and Dr L said he has a little infection. That was why he had the fever I guess. It was only then that I had a good look at his paw. It looked a little scary but the she assured me that it was just a little mis-snip on F's part. He protested only once when she cleaned his paw and put some antiseptic powder on it. The assistant 'sayang-ed' him for a bit and then it was all over. The vet asked me if it was possible for me to give him antibiotics. I assured her that it would be easier to give him pills than for me to clean his paw as he doesn't take such ministrations kindly.


Anyway I have to make sure I clean his paw and put his antispetic powder twice a day. He needs to take his antibiotics twice a day too. This morning I managed to give him his pill, squirt some cleaning solution but not powder. This evening he had one pill, had his paw cleaned and Cousin R helped me with the powder. He was more cheery today and walked about quite well although now he is sleeping on grandma's bed. When all is not so right with the world, grandma would surely help you :)


Not so good news:


The old aunty came up late tonight and told me she had been feeding a small black kitten. After some questions, I found out that she had been feeding him for a few days and he seemed well. As he was not in any danger, I told her she should continue to take care of him. She wanted me to take him in but I had to tell her that I am not able to do any such thing. She asked me if I had any friends who would take him in. The only friend I had who would do this had already taken in the little Siamese kitten :(. She also has a naughty and rather unruly cat, Bujang's brother, called Moo Moo. So that is not a good avenue. So the old aunty agreed to just look after him as he is perfectly safe where he is and later when the timeis right, I would bring him to the vet for neutering.

4 comments:

  1. Glad Bujang is ok...he looks very cuddly there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Bujang's infection but hopefully it will be gone soon. Hope the small black kitten finds a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no is it kitten season again?

    Bujang dear, please listen to the vet and let San and Cousin R feed you tablets and clean the paw ok??

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Bujang is easy on pill popings.Recover well, Bujang.

    Good luck to kitty for a forever home.

    ReplyDelete