Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Runaway

Right after our harrowing experience Toro decided to hide in the dark...

It may look like he's winking but its the eye that he hurt in his escape...

Toro resting after he had relaxed for a bit...


The boys getting a treat...even Toro decided he needed some after his frightened escapade...



Tonight Toro scared me to death. I'm sure he scared himself also. As I was putting the cat grass away, Toro slipped out of the house and ran off along the corridor. I started to run after him, which was a stupid thing to do but I was panicking and I only thought of catching him. I ran after him and he took off. He ran upstairs and then I realised that a cat can outrun me any time. Since I knew he was not the bravest of cats, I thought it would be alright for me to go home and get his favourite toy. I figured that would entice him to come to me and play. I went back to the end of the corridor at the stairs and heard loud meows and found him hidden among the flower pots. I am lucky that he was used to going to see the neighbours plants and the layout of the house above was much the same. I think he found comfort in something familiar.
So I grabbed him and brought him home. He immediately ran into bedroom and hid under the bed. he would not even come out to play with Da Bird, his favourite toy so I knew he was pretty shaken up. I allowed him to rest by himself and when he was calmer, he came out and climbed into his usual cat bed. He looked none the worse for wear except he had some trouble opening his eye. I will get some eye drops for him tomorrow from PL.
Toro is now sleeping in the bedroom, all safe and sound. Thank god for that.

2 comments:

  1. Phew, close encounters for Toro and San. Lucky Tanaka and the rest did not follow him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! That was a close shave!! Naughty Toro, please don't do this again!

    ReplyDelete