Saturday, March 29, 2008

What happened to you Megat?



This week I had had to put a litter pan in Megat's night cage as he had begun to pee in his night cage when I put him to bed. This was a great surprise to me as he had always managed to keep it under control. Grandma thinks its because I had placed a fleece blanket in his night cage, a thick one. It tranpired that the next day when we let him out in the early morning he had already done his business and the fleece blanket was wet. Then I decided to wash everything and put the usual bedding for him but he continued peeing. So I decided that he should have his own pan, like Tanaka in case he has to go :) This has worked out well for the both of us except that now I have to clean one more litter pan before I go to work but I figured that if he needs it, then its only fair that I allow him one especially now that he is 11 years old.
So since his old night cage is now too small, what with the litter pan, I got him a bigger one so he could pee at his own time and still get to stretch his old bones. Its a purple chinchilla cage and I'm sure he would like it. It will be here some time next week so Megat just has to be contented to sleep in his little corner of his sleeping quarters until then :)

3 comments:

  1. Is Megat's night cage locked at night while he sleeps? So that he can't come out to use the common litter tray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Poor Megat. I am sure he didn't mean it.

    San, maybe you have to think about cat diapers....:-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megat sleeps in an entirely different room as he bullies the boys when he is in the room with me. As a result, the boys scurry about in fear and sometimes take refuge in the bathroom. I once had him in the night cage in the same room and he howled the whole night which frazzled everyone, me included. He had been in this cage for some time as he insisted on destroying the pethome and has never had any accidents. He is quite used to the cage and would walk to his quarters with me when it is time to sleep.He is quiet and relaxed as no one is there to make him nervous. he gets out very earky the next morning and would usually then do it in the bins in the room.

    Yalah I don't think he means to be naughty. Its just a natural thing triggered by the fleece. :) His new cage will be here on Tuesday so he would get rather spacious quarters.

    ReplyDelete