Saturday, April 05, 2008

New sleeping quarters

Bujang giving the new cage a thorough inspection...

*sniff* looks good...

We want to see too please...We have yet to say yes...

Ok I think this is good and comfortable...

The final look....




Megat's new cage arrived on time and I got it ready for Megat. The boys were not too sure if the cage was comfortable enough. I told them it was only for sleeping and Megat needed a new and bigger place as he needs his litter bin too. Bujang decided to inspect it thoroughly as only a cat knows if it would suit a cat :) He sniffed and looked at each corner and told me it was okie. Tanaka and Toro also came to give their 2 cents worth. Tanaka of course was pleased with the new place and gave his enthusiastic approval. I finally decided to remove the seating plank as it would not allow Megat the space to laze about. I put his soft toy in it, gave him a new mat and fresh litter. Megat did not protest and took to his sleeping quarters very well :)
I have since moved Tanaka's cage in the room with the boys. Apart from the ruckus and loud protests for the first few days, things went without much ado. The first day was very bad for all of us. His loud scratchings, protests and rattling of the cage made Toro and me nervous. Bujang was not at all perturbed and so I just left Tanaka to protest. After some hours of intermittent protests, he gave up. The 2nd night was milder. He made some feeble protests on the 3rd night and tonight (or morning) he did not even utter a meow. I guess he knows there was nothing he could do and I would not give in to anything and has decided to make peace :)

3 comments:

  1. This Tanaka really is very naughty.

    Wow, new real estate for Megat! The cage looks comfy, with attached bathroom too. I guess Megat knows anything is better than the dingy carpark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Why do Megat and Tanaka need a cage each for sleeping? To keep them from disturbing other cats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! They are great distractors. Tanaka would insist on harassing everyone to play,including me and Megat would chase everyone from their resting places :)

    ReplyDelete