Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


in advance. This is a picture of Bujang's mother. She is a pretty Siamese kitty and has been a resident of the area for many years. She is now fatter than when I first saw her early in January. She is a good mother as she has had many litters and I think most of her kittens made it. I have yet to make friends with her as she is very wary of me and everyone in general, which is a good thing. The kitten was rescued by one of the workers from drowning in the drain. He dried it and then gave it back to the mother. I am glad he did not put it in a box for me to take it home :) I think my message of not messing around with kittens and taking them away from their mothers did some good.

3 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful. Only 1 kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only kitten that we saw. There was one kitten that the cleaners 'rescued' and my friend rescued from them. She calls him Mooty but Mooty is now an adolescent :). We had rescued 3 more kittens - 2 pure white and one tuxie. I think this 3 belonged to another cat. A student actually rescued one sick pure white kitten. She brought it home to take care of it. i do not know if that one belongs to Bujang's mom though but i suspect it did as the kitten would was a little smaller than this. I think the mother ignored it as it was sick. The student told me the mother sniffed at the kitten and then walked away. I have since told the student to leave kittens alone unless they are hurt, eaten by ants or trying to cross roads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's possible the white kitten belongs to the Siamese-crossed mom, and the Siamese marking may gradually appear on the kitten within the first year and a half. That's what happened to Spud - he was taken in as a white kitten but turns out to have Siamese markings. :)

    ReplyDelete