Sunday, May 04, 2008

Minah's hideout

Minah hiding from the heat of the sun...

Minah greeted me when she saw me but didn't get out from the drain. So I guess she wasn't hungry. She was just being polite :)


I guess one good thing about these hot days is that Minah gets a safe place to hide in. No one looks into the drains when they are out and about and as such, drains (when they are dry) is quite a good place to hide from people as well as heat. I would not have seen her if she had not greeted me. Water is not a probelm for this wildbunch at least as the old aunty gives them fresh water in cans everyday. I had advised her to use different cans so the residents would realise that she does change the water each day but she said it was costly as sometimes kids and residents alike would throw out the water or take the cans away.
Cousin R and I would make sure that they get some water by mixing their dinner with water when we feed them in the evening. The canned food is also good as it has water in it (more water than food probably). I have also taken to making sure that they get vitamins with their dinner as well. Cousin R would crumble the tablets and mix it with their Fussiecat. I am hoping that the vitamins would go some way into making sure they are healthy and happy. FatBoy has no problems with the vitamins and chomps them down whole. I was worried that Minah and Cal might not like the smell of it but they seem to be oblivious to it.
If only the amigos are so easily fooled as that!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see Minah safe and sound. Dry weather is indeed safe for the kitties but true about the lack of drinking water too!

    Wah San you even give them supplements. I wanted to do that too, but always forgot when I dished out the food......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I worry that they might get sick and then I can't get to them although they seem hale and hearty now. But you never know lah. The vitamins are the ones that the groomer rec for the amigos (VITALMIX) but they did not take to them well. So I thought I should give them to the wildbunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House cats tend to be more fussy...as they don't know what it's like to not have food to eat!

    ReplyDelete