Monday, June 02, 2008

Tanaka downstairs

"I do not trust anyone here...its dangerous.."

"This thing does not feel good san..."


"I do NOT like this stuff on my feet..let me go.."

"This feels better on my feet...let me walk a while"


"This is much safer..."

Tanaka and I went downstairs after I brought Bujang home. He was quiet and stayed in his carrier for 10 minutes almost. Then I put his carrier on the floor and that made him more confident and he walked out almost immediately. He walked across concrete quite happily but not on grass. He hated it as I think there were no places to hide. We went out for 45 minutes almost and I think that was quite enough for the little guy.

4 comments:

  1. Was that Tanaka's maiden venture to the land of downstairs? ;)

    I'm sure he will love to go downstairs in time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time he went down with Bujang and so he was not afraid as there was Bujang, myself and Cousin R who was with him. This time, he was by himself as I had alreday taken Bujang down to the park. Its a pity I can only take one cat down at a time cos they will insist in doing their own thing, unlike dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that Tanaka is wary of the big outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Yes!! Cats like to do their own things. If cat is let out individually, it wld longer time to warm up before cat cld relax enough to enjoy the occasional outdoor.
    I used to let 2-3 cats (no leash)out in my enclosed garden for supervised walks. They love it. The quiet ones wld sneak off to look for bird's nesting places; frisky ones wld be running around. It is too stressful for me!!
    Got to consider weather conditions including haze at one time, noise level eg construction site next door, even ground condition-so scheduled walks are suspended for one reason or another. Sometimes cranky cats wld chase another up our tree (which has spreading branches)- then got to climb tree to get timid cat down-which wld involve a lot of kicking. And they love to roll in the sun-got skin cancer how? Ahahhaaaaa...better sleep on a hot day lah. Safer for my health ; )

    ReplyDelete