Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday chores

Tanaka resting after his labours helping me with the bins ...

Tanaka supervising the work..yes you missed this spot!

He has a total fascination with the sounds and activities of cleaning. He loves being in the thick of things and would experiment with whatever he sees. He had his paw in the pail of water under my supervision (but of course he would not admit to that). It is just plain water with some vinegar in it to wash my bathroom. I don't use any detergent as the cats get in and out of the bathroom and I am afraid they woud get sick licking detergent residue. I also sometimes just wash the bathroom with water and baking soda. I read that if you have pets, its best to wash the places where they frequent with only water and vinegar or baking soda. They are just as effective and do not hurt the pets nor the environment.

Toro coming to help but it was too late so he just did what he did best - supervise us all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow so many supervisors! Spencer used to hang onto the broom when she was young, but now not anymore. She hides in the room until I finish with everything.

    Will the vinegar smells bad afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. There is very little vinegar smell to me. I guess the cats would smell it more although they take it in their stride. I use very little vinegar. In this pail , I only use one capful or less.

    ReplyDelete