Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday (Pee) Wars

Big Casanova's 1st appearance in 2009

Bujang skulking around pillars in the void deck this evening...

and yet again, the vehicle of contention...



This evening Bujang bolted down his food and quickly came to sit in the living room, close enough to the door. He knows that this is a position of power and I would bring him for his walk without question. So we got dressed and I brought him to my void deck. Along the way we saw Big Casanova. He was thin but still strong and still unneutered. He watched us and saw me walk Bujang. After some time, I saw him hanging aroung the carrier but thought little of it, eventhough he insisted on dogging us all evening.

Bujang made several rounds and when he came to his carrier, he took a sniff at it. I thought it was because Big Casanova was there previously. Then Bujang walked again, seemingly unconcerned until he actually saw the Peeping Tom, Big Casanova. He then insisted on meeting the Tom but I didn't want a confrontation. Big Casanova looked at us quite calmly so I was not too anxious.

THEN it came to putting Bujang in the carrier to go home. Bujang created a BIG fuss, hissed and tried to wriggle away so I decided to walk him home. Cousin R helped me to push the carrier home and Bujang managed to walk all the way into the lift. When the lift opened at our floor, he vey jauntily stepped out and went straight home :)

I then thought that Toro and Tanaka would like to hang out in the carrier like the day before but they sniffed at it suspiciously and as I was going to clean it with vinegar and water I saw PEE! It was Big Casanova's present for us :( I then cleaned the whole thing with dettol and vinegar and aired it. I saw Toro sitting in the just-clean carrier. I thought he was just breaking it in again. When I wanted to put it away, I saw PEE! Aiyoh! This time it was Toro's pee. Sigh!!

Since Toro was already relaxing I saw no good in reprimanding him. I think Toro was just reclaiming territory. I hope that _THAT_ was all it was and he didn't think he could use it as a Peeing Place. I will have to see if Bujang would sit in it tomorrow evening! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    "Pee" is a sign of stress/territory/hierarchy or simply, one-upmanship.

    Big Casanova probably behaving like someone scratching the Merc in the car-park if not succeeding in starting a staring match.

    ReplyDelete