Sunday, February 01, 2009

1st time downstairs in 2009

First I need to case the environment...just in case...
Then I put ONE foot on the floor, while my eyes look around for danger...

I had to tell san to use the leash carefully.
I do not want to trip up on my 1st trip downstairs in 2009...

Then....I heard a noise! I had to stay close to home..yah..just in case...

There were some fings which I had seen before..upstairs.
But there were many here. They all smelled strange...

I tried to go upstairs but san told me that there was nuffing there...

I had a good time hiding out and looking at fings from my hideout.
I hope san will bring me downstairs again soon...


Last Friday, I thought I had some time off and so came home to bring Tanaka downstairs for a bit. He has been looking at Bujang wistfully every time I bring Bujang downstairs. So I put him in his purple harness, got the carrier, tied the carrier to the stroller, clamped the stroller to the bicycle stand and then we both waited for some time before Tanaka decided that the coast was clear for him to put his first foot out of the carrier and on the ground! Phew!

Of course he hid in the carrier several times and finally found courage to take a short walk, never too far away from the stroller. He stalked strangers from behind, sniffed at every corner and looked at the world from behind pillars.

Then I had a call and was horrified to be told that I was supposed to be at work for something! I bundled Tanaka and we raced home. I just had 30 minutes to get back. But I was saved by a friend who said that she would take care of the matter fir me as she lived nearer. Thank goodness. The thing was I actually looked at my schedule and did not even see my name on it. I had thought that I would get home early and take Tanaka out that morning. I wonder if this had anything to do with me not seeing my schedule properly.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate work panics! But Tanaka looks like he's having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Your pics captured the essence of a cat's keen sense of danger and curiosity perfectly! Uhh.. in the
    3rd pic Tanaka looks like he's marking territory..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Hey,where did you buy the harness?
    looks very strong..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the jackets online. Tanaka has an S and he is still growing into it and Bujang has an L. Toro has an M sized one.

    It comes in 4 colours - blue, purple, red and black.
    The addy is
    http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

    ReplyDelete