Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vet Results

Hmmm... I wonder when all this will stop....
PCV 25.5 % from 29.7% and TP stayed constant at 8.2



The vet checked him thorougly and told me there was no swelling nor hardness. She said it could be his intestines or kidneys that I was feeling. I showed her the place and she checked him again. I was quite relieved that she said there was no swelling or hardness. Megat did not protest so maybe I was the one getting paranoid over Megat. I hope that THAT was the only reason.

She told me he had lost some weight - about 200g and she asked me if he was eating well. I told Dr S that Megat had a healthy appetite and loved food. She said old cats might have hyperthyroidism and that would increase their appetite but not their weight but she would know after his blood tests.

His BUN stayed constant at 24 and his CRE is 1.2 from 1.5. (I am comparing his results with his last one in December 2008.) The vet said all was ok except he had to continue with his sub q and eprex. Well I am quite grateful that his condition is stable and he has no other additional problems.

He has to go again in May. I think he is getting used to this as am I :)


On a lighter note:)

Bujang had all his nails clipped with minimal fuss and some growling. He is now 7.07 kg from 7.45 kg. YAY!!!


We met 2 women on our way to the vet. They saw Bujang and exclaimed "WAH...so big. " So we had a short chat about the boys. One of the women had 3 cats - a siamese cross, persian cross and one full persian cat. We discussed sterilisation :) and she said her cats have yet to be sterilised and the siamese was pregnant!!! They seemed unperturbed by this. Bujang was not pleased that we had stopped and meowed loudly for us to move on. So we did :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:00 PM

    Hope all is fine with Megat.

    And Bujang losing all that weight is quite an achievement. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were very happy to read what the vet said. Good for Megat. And also good for Bujang for losing that weight!

    By the way, the cat who lives next door on one side weighs 7.4 kilos, and one of the ones on the other side weighs 8 kilos!

    Your Pals,
    Tom and Tma-Chan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hate going to the vet. We meow at mom loudly when she takes us. We don't like getting prodded and poked. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete