Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Final Countdown

An older picture of Minah...the community cat
Tanaka was frightened by Minah and skulked close to the carrier...
Then he looked around for her...
And looked behind him just in case...
Then he decided to just stay with me and relaxed or a bit...

The one thing I can say about Minah, our female community cat, is that she is temperamental. Today, she saw Tanaka and decided that she liked him. Of course she saw Cousin R and knew that she would be safe from harm. Cousin R said Minah mewed her greetings softly and rolled about in a friendly way. She tried to introduce Tanaka to Minah but he was much too frightened of her and snarled at Minah several times.

So she brought Tanaka to walk near Bujang and I and when Tanaka saw us, he snarled at us too...several times. I think he was frightened and wanted us all to know it. I asked Cousin R to walk Bujang and Tanaka and I just stayed close together. He circled about and finally settled down near me. It took about 20 minutes for his breathing to slow down and for him to stop trembling.

As it was getting late, Cousin R and I got Bujang into the carrier and we persuaded Tanaka to walk to the lift but he wanted to take a detour :) I was glad that he got over his fright but as Cousin R could not persuade him to walk, I bundled him up and carried him to the lift. When we got to our floor, he shot out of the lift and ran home with me walking quickly as I had him on his leash :)

I think he would be ok if I brought him downstairs again and he would not be so afraid but I would have to bring him in his carrier so he can get into it if something bothers him. No more walking from our flat to the park :)

No comments:

Post a Comment