Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dental Care

There is nuffing wrong wif ma teef...
The tooth gel and toothbrush

Finally the vet was able to give me the tooth gel for Toro. I don't need to use the toothbrush, only my clean fingers or some gauze to make sure that all of his gums get the treatment. He has one back tooth on his right that is giving him problems and his gums were also a little swollen at that site. I bought that small toothbrush from a store that sells baby products. I had tried to use it on his other teeth and he took that well. I think he likes the gel and didn't mind tooth brushing. I clean his teeth everyday and am not not so anxious about his plaque problems.

I should be less enthusiastic when rubbing the gel on that side of his mouth as yesterday we had a little accident and there was blood. So today I would be gentler.

He takes the whole operation quite well and does not struggle when either grandma or Cousin R holds him while I put the gel on his gums. Rather he licks at the gel quite enthusiastically. Grandma asked me whether it tasted sweet and yes it did as I decided to taste the gel myself yesterday.

We also have a spray for the water bowls so all the amigos would benefit from clean teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment