Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FatBoy's 4th visit to the vet

FatBoy chatting with a little girl, probably telling her his experiences...
A lot of people came to see him when we brought him back from his SubQ...
FatBoy and the auntie...

FatBoy got his 3rd SubQ with no problems. Yesterday the nurse did the SubQ and she placed him on the table. He sat quietly and looked about. The nurse was initially a little nervous when she saw how big he was and asked me if he was fierce. But he has a mild temperament and so she placed him on the examining table. She wanted to do the SubQ by herself, helped by P, the assistant and so I waited for him outside. I could hear P calling his name several times and then when he came out, P said he was a good boy and did not 'trouble' them.

We also saw a dog that was very sick. He could not move a muscle and the owner said he had kidney problems too. I then thought about what I would do when FatBoy or even Megat get _that_sick. I hope I would be able to do the right thing for them. There were two other cats there, one was there for a general checkup and another was there because it suddenly refused to eat and lost weight. But generally the vet was quiet at that hour of the evening.

When we got home, there were quite a few people at FatBoy's void deck and they were all glad to see him. He got out of the carrier and said hello to each one but he was rather hungry and wanted to follow me home :) Then the auntie gave him some food which he ate readily. The auntie asked me if he was okay and I had to explain to the auntie again that there is no cure for his kidney failure and all that we could do was to manage it. She was quite comforted however that we would not be euthanising him but we would try to explore other options. She said that eventhough she would move house, she would continue to see him when she can. I had to remind her that if all else fails, we would have to do the right thing for Fatboy.

The auntie and Cousin R said that they noticed he did not worry his mouth so much these last few days after his SubQ and his meds. I was also glad to see him yesterday and this morning for breakfast. He ate his kidney kibble quite readily although he was less vocal when he saw me allowing Minah to complain first.

This Friday, we would have a consult with Dr Lim and I think we would get a review of his condition then.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:44 AM

    FatBoy looks very good, thanks to San!

    ReplyDelete