Sunday, April 18, 2010

A new plan for FatBoy

Megat's set of teeth after his teeth got extracted. I wonder if FatBoy's teeth would look like this afterwards.
FatBoy: I am not helping you as I do not want to go to the v_e_t!

After discussing the pros and cons with grandma about putting FatBoy outside , I decided to send him to another practice that has boarding facilities. The first practice is the one all the amigos go to and there is no problem. If we want boarding, we would have to go to the hospital at B. B is very far away from home and there would be much stress for everyone. Since I cannot have FatBoy at home and the auntie cannot have him in her home, I decided that I would have to ferry him to and fro. This would be better as he would be boarded at the clinic itself when it comes to his surgery.

However since he is going to another practice, he would have to be re-examined and I think he would have to take some antibiotics for a week. This is ok as he is an amiable kitty and we can put the pills in his food.

So next Tuesday, we have an evening appt for him to see his new vet and then we take it from there. Grandma was pleased as she was afraid he would make alot of noise outside and disturb the neighbours. She was also afraid someone would release him when he was outside the house.

Of cos, on afterthought (aiyah san, sometimes you are furry silly!), I could have put him in a shelter for the night but then it would be very inconvenient to get him early for the surgery as the shelter is also far from my house :)

So that is that. We only have to wait for next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 PM

    Feline dental problems cld cause liver, kidney and heart problems. Cat may be in some discomfort for 1-3 days if there are several extractions. Need soft food. Older cats need regular dental checks/cleaning as they may not be able to handle anaesthetics well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine the logistical issues involved. ;)

    All the best to you and Fatboy, who is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete