Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The eyes have it.

Ms Akira is very manja. She loves sitting on laps but only mine and I must sit at the computer. She is also very imperious and would ORDER me to be there when she wants a lap. She doesn't sit on Sister S's lap when Sister S is at the computer though :)
Her perchant for over grooming has not abated and now we have a bald belly, bald hind legs and indeed all her limbs are bald too (the places that she can reach). Last week I found some tiny spots of blood on one of her forelegs and I had put some medication for it. She has not continued to gnaw at it again. I had also sprayed the antiseptic with the bitter lime on it. I hope she won't continue to worry that leg.
It was after that incident that I decided to put the PetCalm from petsalive in her water and food. It advise dthat I should put several granules directly into her mouth several times a day. NO WAY she was going to allow me to do that and it would definitely add to her stress and mine. She seemed calm enough these days and do not whine continously for attention. But she whines some :) I have no remedy for this situation though as the boys would run after her when they see her and she would growl at them.
Her only friend is Bujang of course but Bujang is very laizzez(?) faire and would not reprimand the boys. Sister S had offered to take her last year to be an only cat in M but as Sister S would be going overseas, we had to shelve that plan.
I had also thought of bringing her to a*** to meet with the Animal Talk doctor but have yet to make that plan come true.

2 comments:

  1. Over-grooming is such a complicated issue. We remember reading about it at some length in a book called "The Cat Who Cried for Help" by Nicholas H. Dodman. #1 will look for it and see what he recommended.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pertient to a problem I have with one of my catsm she has started " fur pulling", I know she is stressed because she would happily be an only cat but she is elderly at 13 and I think it would be even more stressful going to a new home if anyone would take her because of her age. I bought something called Anxiety Relief the other day, you can give it to them orally (hahahahaha!) or put it in their water or food. I have been putting it in the water and so far, she has slowed down somewhat, I am going to look into some more homeopathic remedies though. Good luck with Miss Akira she is beautiful and I understand how you and she both feel!

    ReplyDelete