Friday, March 18, 2011

Vet Visit for Megat

We finally got into the examination room - one hour after our appt.
Megat was very curious about where he was...
Nothing to it san...

The vet was very busy this morning, just like it was on Monday. Dr L was running late and so there dogs inside and out. We came on time but of course we had to wait for a bit. Megat was very quiet and had a nap. I guess he was used to the commotion of a vet hospital. When I got him into the cab to go to the vet, he was uncharacteristically noisy, protesting all the way though.

I told Dr L about his coughs and Dr L said it could be hairball! Hairball? But I have never seen him expelling one! Dr L said it goes with the fact that he was thinning from both sides of his body- due to some over-grooming from stress. That was why he was coughing. So we got some laxatone although Dr L said I could get a hairball remedy from the pet store.

It was very funny as I was speaking to a cat owner and she was telling me about a hairball remedy and I told her that my cats had never had hairballs. Little did I know!

Anyway the verdict was his lymph nodes are okay (YAY!!) and his coat is beautiful. He is well-hydrated and still in remission. (YAY!YAY!) The only downside was that his eyes are getting a little cloudy and Dr L said he would have some trouble seeing things clearly. But there was nothing to worry about at present.

All in all, it was a good day at the vet's!

4 comments:

  1. Can you hear the YAY from France too?

    Well done, Megat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so happy to read about your good vet visit, Megat and we is meowing "YAY" from Ohio too! You are a beautiful guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM

    I had a cat staying here who was over-grooming in two long stripes down both sides of his spine. His apartment had burned down, his owner was in a shelter, and he was staying in my cat facility and was very stressed. I took him to my vet and she advised Omego-3. I pooh-poohed it (how could fish oil de-stress a cat?) but did as she said, and almost immediately I saw improvement, and the cat's fur was normal by the time he went home a few weeks later. So you might try a cat supplement with Omega-3 unless your vet advises against it. If there is a hairball, this adds a little oil to the diet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Great news!!

    ReplyDelete