Monday, May 02, 2011

The Bath for Bujang

Bujang was NOT pleased that I had tricked him into the carrier today 2 May. I made sure he wore his harness and then persuaded him into the carrier. He knew he was not going for walkies when there was no stroller, only waiting for the cabbie!! WROARRR!!!
After his bath, which took 2 hours, he was surprisingly calm and allowed Sister N to scratch him behind his ears.



He got very sleepy and rested on his favourite perch. He was looking very clean indeed.



Felicia the groomer managed to cut his nails for a bit. WOW!! Not even the vet could do this! Felicia said that he's gotten a little more mellow now that he is older. I dread to think what a terror he was in his younger days. Felicia is the only groomer who could give him a bath. he had been going to Felicia's from when he was about 6 months so she knows his very well indeed.



We are all so pleased that his nails are a little shorter and that he was not very angry after his bath. Instead he sat calmly in his carrier and looked at the cars on our way home. I was a little surprised at this to tell you the truth but its all good.

4 comments:

  1. Auntie p3:21 PM

    Ho, ho, ho! Still an ordeal....

    ...for the humans, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI San, may I know where you send your cats to for a bath? I've not given my cats a bath in a year! Last time I did he gave me deep scratches in my back when he tried to climb me like a tree. I don't even dare give the other one a bath, she doesn't like to be held at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to Veronica's Pet Shop at Tampines St 11. I can give you the number if you want through email or phone. Felicia is good with cats like Bujang. If I need the groomer to cut fur like Toro's then I go to Pet Safari. However Felicia may take some time to bathe the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi San,

    Do you think it absolutely necessary for cats to have a bath? My husband seems to think it's cruel and that the cat wipes are enough. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete