Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Good News at the vet for Toro

This morning I went to the vet. I knew it cos san did not let me eat eventhough I kissed her in the morning so that she would wake up. I was furry hungry and she locked me up!
Then I saw the 2 carriers in front offur the cage. I know Tanaka and Bujang would not be going as they were too curious and they gotted to eat. It must be me and Megat, although Megat gotted to eat too. No fair!
Here I am shaven. All my nice fur gone! BUT san said Dr P gave her some good news for me so I will tell it all here.

Dr P said that one of my 6 mm crystals is now 4 mm and one of the 5.3 crystals is now 2 mm and she said the other smaller crystals are stable. This means they have not grown smaller nor bigger!! HURRAH! HURRAH! But the bad news is my 8.8 mm crystal is now 8.9!! My kidneys are now no longer swollen and I am not in danger of going into surgery like I was 3 months ago! More HURRAHS for us. We now have to see Dr P in 6 months and not every 3 months like before! Dr P said that this was what she had hoped for and san was to continue doing what she did with my medicines. That is the yukky bit cos I do NOT like medicines!
This is me every evening when I have to eat meds. san says she should tell everyone what she did so maybe it would help another kitty. san says she is not sure now if I have oxalate crystals as she thought these crystals could not be dissolved. Dr P told her 3 months ago that I had oxalate crystals although our test was not conclusive. san did the test 3 times with my help but there were only grains of sand and no one was able to tell us anything clearly.
This is what I have to take everyday although the Sub Q is only 3 times a week. I am on sodium chloride 0.9%. Cousin R always helps san with the Sub Q though. I have the following from the vet at arvc:

1 capsule of Nature's Sunshine Kidney Activator
1 capsule of Azodyl
1/2 tablet Fortekor
1/4 tablet (2 times a day) Alutab
1 capsule Nature's Sunshine Cranberry and Bucchu for my UTI
(when I ate only this, my crystals were stable)

Then san went to the internet and boughted the following from Pet's Alive because she is a little desperate to make me better:

4 drops of Kidney Support twice a day
1 capsule Immunity and Liver Support
3 drops of Runipoo Relief for my digestive system
A few granules of UTI Free in my breakfast and dinner

From the pet store:
1 capsule of BURP Omega 3 (she used to give me 1/2 teaspoon of Omega 3 from Probiotics Salmon Oil but decided on the capsule as was easier to give me)

I take all these 7 days a week with no off days! san gives me some sieved pumpkin and papaya as a reward for each capsule that I take. Also the pumpkin keeps me regular :) So you can see why I do not like the meds much as I have to take a lot. san is now contemplating shilintong to allow my crystals to pass out of me but she will blog about that when she gets it this Friday. She tells me she will try to get it in Chinatown. I have yet to approve of this!!
All that thinking about my meds have made me sleepy. san says she will blog about Megat tomorrow....zzzz....
PS: san says she will put this on my sidebar so it would be easier for others to see and of cos sometimes san needs to refer to the list to make changes if there is any need to although now Dr P said she should just follow this regimen closely for now.

6 comments:

  1. Hurray for you, Toro-Chan! We are so glad the news from Dr. P was good (except for that one mean crystal!). We think you are really, really lucky to have a San who takes such good care of you!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! Your crystals are getting smaller...we will cross our paws so that they go away completely! Our Grace had to have two removed, they were about 4mm each and she was frantic with having to pee ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad to hear you're doing OK. Our Mommy says that the medicines will help you. You have good humans that are willing to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet furriend. I am so glad there is good news here and I am sorry to see that you must take so much medicine BUT! You are an excellent baby to take it and help mommy that way. You will be all better before long and your mommy loves all of you so much. That makes my mommy happy too.

    I am sending lots of love and ourrs to ALL of you with extra for you. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. mylittlebuddies9:27 AM

    Oh my! What alot of stuff you need to take. But since it is for your good health, you better eat them willingly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy your Fortekor from www.viovet.uk for 19+ pounds for 28 tablets. Definitely cheaper than buying from the local vet. But you need a prescription from ARC.

    Now they even deliver overseas for 10 pounds. So make the vet give you a large prescription. 10 day delivery time. I just received 10 months worth of Fortekor for 124 pounds (inc delivery charges) just last week.

    ReplyDelete