Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Vet appointment postponed!

Poor Toro had to fast from 10.30 pm last night until 9.15 am when the hospital called to say that Dr P had an emergency and had to cancel his ultra sound! I felt very sorry for him as he meowed the whole morning as he was hungry and he stared at me quite puzzled when he did not get any breakfast this morning. He would usually get breakfast in the cage so I can give him his meds quite easily without having to run after him. He would also be away from Megat who is always wanting to eat his food! Anyway poor Toro has another appointment on the 7th with Megat. I would just have to juggle trying to meet with Dr L and Dr P. I hope things do not get worse although I know for Toro it would not get any better as oxalate crystals would not just disappear or dissolve. But we will see what happens next Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I know how that is. I had to make the Admiral fast for her fasting blood test and it broke my heart because she wanted breakfast as usual, even if she hardly ate, she still wanted it..and I had to say no, I got her to the Vet by 8 and she still had to wait till 9. And I had to badger them to take her blood so she could come HOME and eat! Gees. They never treat their animal patients well ebnough I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Hi San

    Have any vet recommended to give Toro raw mince chicken, dou miao and brown rice?

    My Kiro went through a very severe UTI because of crystals. Dr Ly recommended raw chicken or beef as it has a natural de-crystalise effect.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Keeping fingers crossed for Toro & Megat to have good health reports next week.

    ReplyDelete