Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Megat's Vet Visit

Here Megat is sitting pretty and he has every reason to :)

His check up went well and the lump in his inner right leg has not grown any bigger. Dr Ly said we should not worry unduly as it might just be his lymph nodes. There was a visiting vet as well and Dr Ly told him about our miracle cat Megat :) who has been free of lymphoma for 3 years this May.

However, I told Dr Ly that he had been coughing once a week. "Once a week?" Dr Ly looked at me askance! I guess he did not think that for Megat, once a week was a serious thing. "It is_always prolonged and intense. I can see that he needs to strain very hard," I murmured quickly. He then stethescoped Megat's chest's and said "Hmm...no more murmurs. His chest sounds clear" Then he told me it was probably hairballs and told me to give him Laxatone. I also told Dr Ly that Megat has refused to take his asthma pills. He keeps vomitting it out and generally creates a fuss. (He did not use to do this before)I would like to think that Megat knows he does not need to take it anymore. Dr Ly recommended Peh Pa Kao!! "Really?" Anyway he really hated it. So at present I am not giving him anything at all.

Before we left Dr Ly said "He is getting old and cranky eh?" and we all laughed at this idea. I don't think Megat was pleased though. :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Megat!!!! We are SO PROUD of you!!!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Great news! Stay healthy always.

    ReplyDelete