Friday, July 20, 2012

I think I am pretty...I don't really know

 I am afraid of the 3 boys. I do not know why they are chasing me all the time...
 I want to go out but the living room is too open. There are no safe places for me...but if san carries me around, I would be much braver and I know I would be safe. I would go out then. But only if san carries me.
The reasons she told Fern as to her over-grooming:
I do not know if the boys think I am too pretty and so they chase me. If I make myself more ugly, maybe they would stop. But I am not sure. Maybe I am too ugly. If I groom and make myself pretty, maybe they would stop. My room is ok but  am bored in the room. And when san goes out to work, I miss her and so I groom myself also.
 I like Bujang most of all. He may be big but he is very calm.
Bujang is usually with her at night when she comes out of the room for 1 or 2 hours.
The cat that I woud like to meet at night is Totoro...but only if  Bujang is there. If Bujang is not there I don't want to meet anyone. I do not want the other boys. I do not like them as they chase me.

Oh dear. The whole post has disappeared. Lets see if I can re-write this post again.

Fern came to our house at about 4. I had told the amigos that someone would come by to speak to them and they should just tell her what was on their mind. Then 5 minuts before she came, all the boys stared at the gate...at nothing. I guess they knew our guest was on her way.

Fern said hello to the boys and then went to see Ms Akira. She greeted Ms Akira softly and then I went out to write many more questions as I wanted her to speak to every one ofthe amigos. When I enterd the room again, Fern was seated with her eyes closed and after some time she opened her eyes and smiled and said that Ms Akira was very chatty and friendly. Whenever she says Ms Akira's name, Ms Akira would look at her and then close her eyes quietly.  This happened with all the boys as well. It was amazing to see it.

The workplan was to very slowly introduce Ms Akira to the household. Since she does not like the open living room, Fern suggested that I hold Ms akira and bring her out of the room several times, for longer and longer periods but I must always hold her. Ms Akira said that she would agree to try if I hold her as she would feel safe and secure. So this I can put into action almost immediately. She also wanted to see only Totoro. I think its because Toro is a sweet-natured kitty and she and toro had known each other for about a year before I adopted Megat. So the deal is Bujang + Totoro and NOT Totoro minus Bujang. Bujang must always be involved in any introductions :)

Also Fern told me that Ms AKira does not like the smell of her kibble (renal kibble) and she wanted small treats that smelled of strawberries. She showed Fern pictures of tiny pink kibble. I then asked Fern to tell Ms AKira that she cannot have treats for dinner ...hahaha.

But as Ms akira is willing to try, I would see how it goes. But it will be a long process but I think it itry5 years in a room is quite enough. I hope with this she would over groom less. We will have to see.

I also gave Ms akira a job to do today - Keep a close eye on her oom and to groom less :) I gave all the boys jobs as well as Fern said it would be good to give pets a job so they would feel as though they are helping you but I would post that on another day:)

But the amigos are realy a funny lot!

5 comments:

  1. How utterly fascinating and wonderful! We enjoyed every word. Fern sounds like a wonderful lady! We hope that things will improve for sweet (and lovely!) Ms. Akira, and look forward to reading about the other kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Ms Akira, you are lovely. The only job i have assigned
    my cats so far is to lick their bowls clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 PM

    My dog would not go out for a walk outside the house for 7 yrs. L from a*** came for a Body Talk session and a week later, dog went
    out of the house for his first walk. Dog has been going for his daily walks since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fascinating post. We have our fingers and paws crossed that Ms. Akira will become more sure of herslef, and with all of you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Akira, you are a very pretty kittie. We're purrrrring that you get more comfortable with the amigos soon.

    ReplyDelete