Thursday, August 02, 2012

I hear it but I don't believe it...

I don't think they like me here. I know they said they love me BUT I don't believe it!

This is our final instalment of our experience with the animal whisperer Fern. When she spoke to Megat, she said that he was not as open as the rest. He was a real skeptic and quite suspicious of everyone. :( I asked Fern to ask him about his life before he lived in the carpark. He said he used to live in a house but there was a scary man who tried to beat him with a long pole. The man lived in the house as well and so he tried to hide. I think that was when he began to live in the dark carpark and had to fend for himself. He had a hard life there as he was skinny and sick ad many people were afraid of him. He was also dirty from the oil and dirt. I only knew he was in the carpark when I heard loud wailings and saw a small black cat in the evenings when I used to feed Minah and FatBoy( both now deceased).

It took me many months to gain his trust and one day, he decided to follow me home. I sent him to the vet where he had 3 canines extracted, his ears tipped and his blood test taken. He had FIV and  a bad temper. During these 5 years, he had survived kidney failure, liver issues and lymphoma. :) I suppose he needed to be a tough cat to survive everything.
Megat at 16 years enjoying the breeze.

Fern told him that all the cats are his friends and we all love him. He should also try to give us a chance. Megat said that he will try to believe that (but he doesn't truly believe it). He said he did not like so many cats in the hous as I have to pay attention to them all. He thinks I should only pay attention to him. Fern told me that Megat is not jealous but he is possessive of me.

I told Fen that this was true as Megat would always appear when Toro or Tanaka asks for attetion and he would bulldoze his way as well. He had been slapped for that once or twice by Toro and even Bujang. I know he is afraid of Bujang as he would get off anything or any space that Bujang wants. "I respect Bujang only," he said.

During the week that Fern was here, Megat had been misbehaving and slapping all the boys around, even Bujang. He shouted and yelled at sub Q sessions. He spewed out his asthma meds and batted all ofour hands away when we tried to pet him. So I thought then that I needed to get him other types of help to reduce his stress levels.

He told Fern that he slapped the boys because they 'irritate' him. He felt like slapping them and so he did! I asked Fern to ask him why he had quarrelled with Ms Akira three years ago that made her hide and he said she just irritated him and so he jumped on her from the table (she was walking) and fought with her! Ms Akira told us that she was minding her own business and he jumped at her from the table (she showed Fern a step that led to a table as well).

So now Megat is undergoing Reiki and he is doing very well with it. He has stopped slapping Toro, he has not butted in when Toro asks for attention, he has not confronted Bujang as well. He is now a more quiet kitty. He has a few more weeks to go though with Reiki.
Megat even asked Fern if he could go out for a walk, as he heard Bujang talking about it. Fern told him that he needed to wear the harness if wants to do something like that.

Megat: I would look stupid!
Fern: That is the only way you can go out.
Megat: It looks stupid. I am not a dog!
Fern: That is the deal. Maybe you can try it out first.
Megat: I would look stupid. But ok. I will see first.

I bought him a harness and he has been trying it out 5 minutes a day. But he has yet to walk around the house with it. I think it will be for some time yet before I can even attach the leash to the harness.

But we are trying.

Just a note: Last Thursday 19/7, Fern, an animal communicator came to my house to talk to my cats. I was concerned that Ms Akira's over -grooming and Megat's aggression to the other cats were making everyone a trifle stressed. It was an eye-opening experinece and now Ms akira and Megat are undergoing Reiki to balance their systems. We have been having some good results but those updates will be later, after I have posted the animal talk of all the 5 cats :) This is our last interview.

4 comments:

  1. Our dearest wish is that Megat will believe that he is loved by all, even people who live very, very far away.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Sending Megat good wishes for many happy and healthy years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some great information to work with. We have our paws and fingers crossed that Megat will truly know that he is loved by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine9:07 PM

    Hello! This is Jasmine! Such luck to chanced upon your blog. It's wonderful to read your posts on Fatboy and Minah. I miss them both very much but am glad that they are at a safe place now. :)

    ReplyDelete