Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Toro and the vet

 What? I dun wan to go!

Yesterday I came home to some very distressing news that Toro had blood in his urine and he was going in and out of his litter. It was already 4 o'clock and I was afraid I may not get an appointment for him. True to my fears, his vet Dr L was booked but fortunately Dr Lee was able to see him at 5.30pm. I bundled him straight into the carrier and we went straight to the hospital. This would be the 4th time that he has this problem. I was afraid that he would be hospitalised to flush his system of whatever ails him or he would need to have the catheter in again or worse, he would have to undergo major surgery! I actually called Fern in the taxi as he was wailing and yelling and asked her to tell him that we would try to make him feel better. 

We saw Dr Lee at 4.30 and she said that if his bladder was swollen she would need to put the catheter. Oh dear!! If not, we could go home with antibiotics and something to make his urethra less irirtated. Then she went to see about the xray and blood test. Toro was very calm and sat quietly. Dr Lee told him he was a very good boy and he behaved very well.

By this time, Fern came in to speak with him as she was at the vet with her  dogs. I was grateful for the help and support as well :) Dr Lee finally came in with his xrays and I was glad to know that his bladder is small and so there was no need for the catheter. WHEW! So she said pending the blood test, we would be good to go. His blood test was also a case for joy :)

This is the best test that he has gotten ever since he was diagnosed with renal failure! Dr Lee told us to keep the thrice a week sub q as it was working very well. (sorry Toro).
ALl this fuss!

We were given marbocyl, serrazyme and one microlax enema because he was backed up! Poor thing Totoro! But at least I got to bring him home and after the enema, he was quite relaxed. I need to monitor him for his urine. I hope the pills will help.

6 comments:

  1. We are crossing every paw, hoof and finger we've got (that makes 42 in all!) that Toto-Chan feels a lot better soon, and we also were relieved that his results were good.

    Purrs, Woofs, Neighs and Hugs
    The Chans, Tommy, Vidock, Violette, Uuka and #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the best for you two. Hopefully you will get better results
    next time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May i ask, how much do u pay for cat's blood test ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending healing purrrrrrss to Totoro. Feel better soonest, kittie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are purring and praying for you Toro! Get well soon, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor darling Toro. I hope the meds work and he's ok.

    One of the cats in the rescue had to have the PU surgery last year. Really hope Toro doesn't have to have that done.

    Purrs and prayers for Toro.

    ReplyDelete