Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Meditations of Rainbow Bridge


When a beloved animal companion dies, many believe that they go to heaven or the bridge. I too think it must be this way and heaven is the one and only place for  companion animals and all animal alike. I cannot conceive of any other resting place for them.

I thought it would be interesting to write an entry about Totoro from Fern. Please reserve judgement :))

On the 7th day of his passing Fern has this to say:
Spoke to Totoro just now. He said he is peaceful where he is. Its a huge place and quiet. Asked him about making friends thus he learns new things. He understands but not quite keen. He smiled as he likes the jasmine pot where his ashes are kept. He said he just visited all of you the past few days. He is glad Bujang misses him. He still feels at home there. But each time he doesn't stay long. He just wants to see how everyone is.

Yesterday Fern spoke to him again and today I have this message:
Talked to Toro. He said it is ok there but he just preferred watching others run and play. Told him you missed him a lot and still talked about him and laughed because he is still so loved. He looked shy and smiled a bit and softly scratched his cheek and licked his front leg.

It  is not for me to say what gifts and talents  other people may have :) and even grandma tells me I must be quite crazy. It still makes me smile as it is really very much like Toro to just sit and stare and enjoy the breeze. I have not made up my mind either way but I think the bridge would be exactly like this - a place where he would be comfortable and just do his own thing :))

PS: I didn't pay Fern for this at all. I think she just likes Toro. She knew him for a very short time, hardly a month even.

2 comments:

  1. We understand. We only knew Toro-Chan from the other side of the world but loved him dearly too. That kind of sweet and gentle nature really makes an impact in the harsh world we all live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think it is just the best to talk about the ones that have left us. We are so sorry about Totoro having to leave you. It is so hard to lose our fur friends. Sending lots of hugs and some purrs too.

    ReplyDelete