Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday Report

The morning of Hari Raya, which was yesterday, I helped san with our new carpet that her sister brought from Kabul. San was wandring if it was going to be too warm for our guests but I showed san that it was very comfortable to lie on.
Tanaka agreed with me although I did not allow him on my carpet. he had to sit on the red rug.
My sister Akira helped san with the bedlinen. Our new quilt had white flowers and leaves. Grandma said it was very pretty and Akira agreed.
Tanaka was all ready to be a good host, and I must say he did his best. He talked to the guests and allowed them to touch him and admire him. I told him he had to eat as much grass as possible so he would have a lot of energy, which he did. He also wore his Celebration collar. san makes us wear these but only on the first day of Hari Raya and she takes them out when she cannot supervise us. Today we are wearing our old cloth collars as san is at work.
 Both of us worked very hard and we took turns to entertain the guests. But sometimes both of us had to take time-outs and the guests know that if we are not in the living room they have to leave us alone to rest. They did this very well indeed.
At the end of the day, I was very tired but I was glad we all did our part to welcome our guests. Akira is only in the bedroom pictures as she was out only in the morning before the guests appeared. I know she is afraid of noise and people so she stayed in her room and came out only at 8 pm. I am glad there would be no more frightening guests today as it is a work day here. PHEW!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very fine Hari Raya celebration at your house! Entertaining guests is very exhausting, so we are glad to see you took time outs. And Ms. Akira -- we understand how guests cane be scary sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy says it's wonderful to be hosted by kitties, and she thinks you two did great! Ms. Akira, WE think YOU were the wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you all managed really well in these slightly unusual circumstances!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lucky guests to be entertained by you three kitties. But hosting a celebration is a big job and requires much rest. We love your new carpet, Bujang. I have a carpet from Turkey to lounge upon. Meow and Eid Blessings , Jessica

    ReplyDelete