Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ms Akira wins again

Akira has to wear the collar as I thought it would be helpful to prevent her from over-grooming in a more direct away, apart from reiki and acupuncture treatments. For the first few weeks this worked very well indeed until I noticed that her hind feet were showing evidence of bites and she had a few red patches on her inner legs. 

Then grandma told us to see what Akira had been up to:
She had managed to extend her feet beyond the collar and in this way she had licked away the new fur. Not only that she had also bitten through her skin again.  So I decided to put 2 collars on her. 

In this picture she had  2 collars. But it was not useful as she could still flex her feet to lick them.

So I bought her one S and one L. The M was too loose I thought. So last night she wore both. 
She was not pleased with this new development. As to success; it was not as successful as I imagined as she was still able to lick her feet but thankfully not for an extended time but  she would find a way to do that later on I'm sure. She is very resourceful and  does things slowly but she will get there.

I was advised by some people that what I needed to do was to put the S collar over the L collar. This seemed to be the winning combination for many kitties.  So this is what I will try tonight. 

It's ok San. Sooner or later I will figure it out and what will you do then ?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Dear, Ms. Akira! This is not a good state of affairs. We do wish you would consider grooming a little less...

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SURE she'll figure it out. No doubt about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Akira. We know how hard this must be for you. You are such a dear girl. We will have to pray very hard that you can find a way to stop licking you skin. Do you think you are allergic to something the floor or the carpet is cleaned with? Have you had a skin scraping sent to the lab? We are sure San has checked all of these things but we so want to help you.
    Hugs and kisses from all of us.

    ReplyDelete