Sunday, October 23, 2016

Just Because


I had decided to make a hack out of a supermarket trolley so that I can bring at least 2 cats down for a ride after their dinner. This trolley was created with one bought supermarket trolley, some plastic mesh, cable ties  and Popps' bed. Its lightweight and allows the amigos to see the sights without any difficulty. Yesterday I brought Bujang to the park. It was a quiet morning and we had a nice time. Then I remembered that this was where I had first taught him to walk, when he was about 6 months old, around these exact benches.
Bujang when he was about 6 months. He had a figure 8 harness.
He was unafraid and would explore everywhere. The pics are blurry because it was taken about 13 years ago and I  had a borrowed and battered camera.
Here he is now 13 years later at the exact same spot, napping.

I am thinking of replacing this mesh with a black one as this would 'hide' the kitties from the public eye. Yesterday we had a dog owner who allowed her dog to growl at him eventhough I told her that 'my cat doesn't like dogs growling at him much'. I had to wheel him away from her. Then there was another woman who tried to wheel him away without asking my permission. I think she may just be quite taken with the contraption and wanted to try it out but still, it was a very shocking action that she thought she could just do that. But nothing disastrous happened and Bujang napped the rest of the time away. When he woke up, he meowed loudly and I took it as a signal that he wanted to go home. So we did.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use for a shopping trolley! We are glad you and Bujang had such a nice time at the park. Sorry to hear about the growling dog and that presumptuous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Ad we LOVE the kitten pics!

    Purrs,The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing kitty trolley! Perfect for viewing and taking in the sights. You are very creative, San. That is rather shocking - person just thinking they could wheel away the trolley with poor Bujang! Lovely photo of dear little Bujang.

    ReplyDelete